Welcome to the country’s biggest playground – the great outdoors. This is a KIDS ZONE – activities galore – with FREE fresh air.
Keep the family entertained with the great selection of activities in the Hawkshead area.
Along with those energetic favourites we also have some beautiful tranquil picnic spots for those family days to be remembered.
The following attractions have no admission charge
- Grizedale – children’s playground – sculpture trail-forest walks – family events
- Mountain biking – safe off road routes for all the family
- Walking – see the great outdoor close up – a great selection of local walks
- Nature Trail – treasure trail in and around Hawkshead
- Recreation playgrounds Hawkshead and Sawrey
- Favourite picnic areas, Tarn Hows – Windermere/Claife shoreline, Nr. Ferry Nab – Moss Eccles Tarn or Wise Een Tarn, north of Near Sawrey – Windermere shoreline/woods at Wray castle, between Watbarrow Point & High Wray Bay.
The following attractions have an admission charge
- Grizedale Forest – Go Ape/ Mountain bike hire
- Coniston Water – boating – sailing – canoeing
- Swimming Baths – Troutbeck Bridge
- Summit treks activities
- Windermere – boating
- Aquarium by the Lake
- World of Beatrix Potter, Windermere
- Brockholes Visitor Centre, Windermere
- Haverthwaite railway
- Pony trekking – Satterthwaite
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park
- Stott Park Bobbin Mill
- Lakeland Motor Museum
- Ruskin Museum Coniston
- World of Beatrix Potter – Bowness
- Windermere Lakes Cruises
- Fishing Hawkshead Trout Farm
- Holker Hall
- Lakeland Climbing centre Kendal
- Lakeland ‘maize’ Maze Kendal